Assistant Professor - Fashion Merchandising - Dynamic Strategic Planning
Kent, OH ~ February 27, 2017
Faculty Tenure-Track – 9 Month/Assistant Professor
The Fashion School
Kent Campus – Kent, OH
The Fashion School at Kent State University seeks strong candidates for a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor with a focus in fashion merchandising as a dynamic strategic planning and execution process that occurs in the omni-channel retail context, beginning Fall 2017.
The Fashion School offers outstanding state-of-the-art facilities for teaching and connecting with the fashion industry and alumni; the Fashion School Store, a live retail environment located in downtown Kent; the TechStyleLAB research/learning and commercial technology laboratory; direct partnership with the KSU Fashion Museum, housing nearly 40,000 pieces in their collection and eight fantastic exhibition spaces; an exceptional Fashion Library with trend/archival and trade resources; and the NYC Studio and Florence, Italy campuses for semester-long study away experiences, plus a curricular partnership with the Paris American Academy. For more information on the school, please visit our website: www.kent.edu/fashion.
- Teach courses in fashion merchandising, retail buying, assortment planning, and related areas in fashion merchandising undergraduate and graduate curricula
- Actively engage in research and disseminate outcomes via refereed venues
- Actively pursue the funding opportunities internally or externally to support ones research program
- Actively supervise undergraduate students for extracurricular competitions such as National Retail Federation (NRF), YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund, CFDA, etc.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date industry knowledge regarding fashion contexts
- Participate in School, College and University governance and committees
- Actively participate in professional organizations
The applicant must:
- Hold a Ph.D. (by start date) in fashion merchandising or related field
- Provide evidence of a strong teaching record at college level with abilities/interests in large format and lab settings along with industry and pedagogical technologies
- Provide potential/evidence of scholarly activities and outcomes
In addition to the above qualifications, experience with successful grantsmanship, supervising undergraduate/graduate students in fashion merchandising, and/or prior industry employment/partnership experiences are strongly desirable.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include comprehensive insurance package (e.g., life, health, dental, and vision) and full tuition waiver for all employees and their direct family members.
All applicants must create an application online at: https://jobs.kent.edu. Applicants must also submit online a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching and research philosophy, teaching evaluation materials, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references. Review of applications will commence on March 8th and will continue until the position is filled.
Inquiries may be addressed to:
Dr. J. Kim, Search Committee Chair
The Fashion School – An Ohio Center of Excellence
Kent State University
515 Hilltop Drive, P.O. Box 5190, Rockwell Hall
Kent, OH 44242-0001
Phone: 330-672-1473; Email: email@example.com
For a complete description of this position and to apply online,
visit our jobsite at https://jobs.kent.edu
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / Disabled / Veterans
Want to apply to this job? Please register first. »