District Sales Manager Trainee
Erie, PA ~ April 17, 2017
Are you a Leader? INSURE YOUR CAREER! ERIE is searching for elite talent to join our team of District Sales Managers (DSMs) in our premier sales management training program! This program will afford you a comprehensive view of our entire Insurance operation and provides outstanding opportunity for advancement – in fact, many of our current company leaders (including Vice President/Senior Vice President/Executive Vice Presidents) started with ERIE as DSMs.
Erie Insurance is an award-winning, Fortune 500 company committed to;
- Employee development
- Professional excellence
- Career success
- A diverse workforce
This salaried, sales management position offers challenging work in an exceptional work environment,lucrative sales incentive bonus, and a comprehensive Total Rewards benefit package (including an industry-leading relocation program).
Training is a combination of classroom and field-based learning designed to prepare you for immediate success as a DSM following the intensive, approximately 30-week program in Erie, PA. You will work directly with our top performing Sales Management team, our Independent Agents, and enjoy extensive Senior & Executive Leadership exposure to network and develop all of the needed skills and knowledge to succeed.
Following successful completion of the DSM Training Program, you will be assigned to a Branch Office in ERIE's operating footprint, and will be relocated to that territory. Currently, our footprint includes 12 Mid-Atlantic States, as well as Washington, DC.
In this challenging position, you will:
- Manage a territory of approximately 25 agencies in sales, underwriting, profitability and agency management
- Support, coach and motivate Agents
- Recruit and train new Agents
- Serve as Agent's knowledge broker and subject matter expert on ERIE products
ERIE is strongly committed to service for all – our Policyholders, our Agents, and each other. If you feel this same commitment to excellence in service, come see how you can INSURE YOUR CAREER with ERIE!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in ERIE's district sales manager training program. Completes assigned projects independently using information and skills learned.
- Applies product knowledge and acquired skills to assist with operations in assigned Agent offices. Trains Agents on matters pertaining to product knowledge, underwriting Agency operations and sales. Discusses proposed business with Agents and clients and gathers underwriting information used to determine the acceptance or rejection of a risk. Advises clients of coverages necessary to achieve individual insurance goals.
- Accompanies sales managers, claims and underwriting personnel on Agent visitations, including short-form inspections. Develops productive working relationships with Agents to enhance ERIE's quality growth.
- Serves as company representative in maintaining favorable Policyholder relationships. Works closely with adjusters and other claims personnel to resolve issues or related matters. Responds to inquiries from Policyholders, Agents and branch office personnel regarding claims matters.
- Implements sales promotion programs and communicates relevant information to Agents.
- Inspects prospective and existing risks as directed and prepares reports, including scaled drawings and photographs. Assists in reviewing results of inspection with Policyholders. Explains recommendations regarding hazard reduction, elimination and other loss measures.
- Attends annual sales conference and Agent education exchange seminars.
- Attends Life and Property and Casualty licensing school and participates in exams.
- Completes special projects as required.
Ability To Learn And Follow Procedures
Ability to Manage Complexity
Developing And Maintaining Relationships
Information Management Skills
Planning And Organizing
Minimum Required Education Equivalents • Bachelor's degree, required; or • Associate's degree and two years of sales, underwriting, claims or marketing experience, required; or • High school diploma or GED and four years of sales, underwriting, claims or marketing experience, required. Master's degree preferred. Completion of insurance designations such as CIC or CPCU preferred. Willingness to pursue insurance designations required. Successful completion of Life and Property/Casualty licensing exams required to complete training program. Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software required. LOMA testing required. Willingness to relocate to other offices required. Valid driver's license and good driving record required. Frequent travel required.
Want to apply to this job? Please register first. »